Re: [platform-releng-dev] M7/RC1 Regression: Launcher fails on RHEL6

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 7:21 PM, Oberhuber, Martin
<Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Mickael,
>

> The fix is likely small and riskless, and I’ll try to contribute something
> but I’ll probably not get to that before Friday due to other priorities (and
> after RC2 it’s really getting late).
>

> I understand that the dev team has to put priorities in place (on the
> reference platforms). On the other hand, the plan also says “we expect that
> Eclipse works fine on other current Java VM and OS versions”. I don’t even
> see a minimum GTK version explicitly mentioned in the plan (like we had in
> earlier plans). And I do think that especially in the enterprise world with
> its slow adoption cycles, having REL6 supported would still be a significant
> asset in terms of community adoption.

Not Oxygen release related but keeping GTK 2.x support is such a drain
for any change in SWT that I would like to see it being dropped in
Photon. Or someone should step in to fix Gtk 2.24 to work with older
Cairo versions as shipped in RHEL 6 so we can at least remove the
non-cairo based drawing (quite a few cases where mixture of cairo and
gdk drawing created bugs).