From: "platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx" <platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of "mistria@xxxxxxxxxx" <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday 23 May 2017 at 17:52
To: "Eclipse list." <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [platform-releng-dev] M7/RC1 Regression: Launcher fails on RHEL6

Hi Martin,

(Not helping at fixing your issue)

The project plan doesn't mention RHEL6 is supported, and the first supported version of RHEL is RHEL7: https://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=eclipse

So I guess it's relatively fine to see such issues in RHEL6, even that late. And even if you fix a few of them, the fact that it's not supported makes that it's likely that you face some other issues on RHEL6.

That said, if you can provide patches that widens the compatibility range without reducing quality or increasing maintenance effort, there is probably no reason to refuse those.

Good luck!

Back to the top