Re: [platform-releng-dev] Notice for those using Gerrit and Hudsonbuilds

The eclipse-p2-repo.url for build-individual-bundles in http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator.git/tree/eclipse-platform-parent/pom.xml?h=R4_6_maintenancelooks wrong to me. Shouldn't this point to an M-build repo?

Dani

From:        "David M Williams" <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        11.07.2016 20:04
Subject:        [platform-releng-dev] Notice for those using Gerrit and Hudson        builds
Sent by:        platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Team,

I have, just this morning created the jobs to "deploy" the 4.7 parent and prereqs AND the corresponding 4.6.1 parent and 4.6.1 prereqs. These were important for "Gerrit triggered" Hudson jobs -- especially for the maintenance builds.

And now it is *your* turn. As the "Gerrit/Hudson" jobs are typically created and maintained by each project team, many projects may need to update their Gerrit triggers to work off of "master" and "R4_6_maintenance". There was at least one this morning that had "master" and "R4_5_maintenance". [BTW, if you use the same job to do both master and maintenance, it is more important that you "clean" (remove) the localMavenRepo and perhaps the "gitCache" (I am less sure about the latter one ... not sure how well Hudson deals with that).]

Just wanted to be clear there is no one person tasked to "fix all Gerrit jobs" and the committers who use the jobs are responsible for it -- they are pretty much "self service" jobs. Of course, myself or other release engineers (or other committers which happen to be Gerrit/Hudson experts) would glad to help answer questions if we can.

I hope that is helpful information.