[platform-releng-dev] An off schedule I-build at 4 AM (Eastern) and reminders of our schedule this week

Via IM, Jay has asked for an extra I-build to pick up a fix for

Bug 492939- Type inference fails for a particularly complicated Optional / Stream chain

I have schedule that for today, Wednesday, at 4 AM (Eastern) to allow a few hours for more careful review, but still allow it to complete early enough for more testing before our final RC1 candidate at 8 PM.

One reason I thought "worth it" is that our next regularly scheduled build will be our RC1 candidate, and that build will take place on Wednesday at 8 PM (i.e. Wednesday evening, eastern time.)  Due to differences in timezones, etc., that doesn't leave much time for Sign-offs on Thursday especially with possible requests for re-spins and promotion on Friday to prepare for an all-day, all teams test pass on Monday.

In other words, it is understandable to get such an important bug in a bit earlier than "final build" to allow a bit more testing.

Plus, my thinly veiled request with this note is to please be careful! with changes on Wednesday (more careful than usual :) since some teams will likely have already started confirming the build for sign-off before that final 8 PM build, and its unit tests, are complete.  (Not to even mention required rebuilds due to network issues and my typos :)

P.S. The reason I am sending this note now, and scheduling the 4 AM build "in advance" is that -- believe it or not -- I really do sleep sometimes! :) Which I am going to do, right after pressing "sen....

Good luck!

Back to the top