Re: [platform-releng-dev] 4.6.0 N-Build: N20160116-1500: 20 failures from ep46N-unit-mac64

Sorry David, I should have been explicit.  The nightly builds have been failing, particularly on OS X but sometimes Linux, with the Platform/UI tests.  The N20160116-1500 build was particularly bad (see below), but then they go away.

Out of curiosity, has anybody looked at configuring the surefire jobs to take a screenshot on failed tests?

Brian.

On 17-Jan-2016, at 10:22 PM, David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Date: 01/17/2016 07:49 PM
> Subject: Re: [platform-releng-dev] 4.6.0 N-Build: N20160116-1500: 20
> failures from ep46N-unit-mac64

> Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> These build failures are baffling (and unreproducible)

= = = = = =

> and have been happening for a while.

Happening for a while? N20160116-1500 is the first time
I have seen the '16 failures' in e4.ui.tests.
Or do you mean "every now and then, for a while"?
You are not confusing these with bug 484441 are you? (It was
fixed as of last Tuesday).

= = = = = =

> Is there something about the Mac test machine?

Yes. It's always something.

Usually something that requires a restart
(such as an "update" or something similar).
Occasionally some "run away test" is still running from some
previous run. There are various diagnostics and screen shots "captured" during the
tests but I can not find where "we" (me and Markus) wrote how to make use of
those, so I will have to try looking again later.

= = = = = =

Eclipse webmasters automatically restart Hudson on Sunday, early AM, but am not sure
if that includes the Mac slave, or not. (I know it does not include the Windows
slave.)

So if we see a couple of times in a row, we typically open a bug for the webmaster to
"take a look at it" and see if there is a prompt open on the desktop or an erroneous
process running.

If you mean something besides anything I have mentioned, the normal procedure is to
open a bug so all the right people can get involved to track it down.
Or, if I have completely misunderstood what you are asking about, please ask again.