[platform-releng-dev] First I-build, Tuesday 8 AM Eastern, first M-build Wednesday 10 AM Eastern

I am going to schedule and I-build and an M-build for this week (will update official schedule calendar soon, but haven't yet).

My local tests for I-builds have been going well, but some work is needed for M-builds. Especially since "we" (i.e. me, myself and I) decided best to increment maven artifacts (such as parent pom) for service releases too, not just major releases. That is new for us, but I think we are experienced enough now to "do it the right way" and I think the community (of "maven builders"?) will have an easier time of it. If you don't know what I'm talking about, see
Bug 469765 - Prep for 4.6 (Neon) and 4.5 (Mars) maintenance builds
and
Bug 471732 - Should we update non-delivered artifacts to reflect service version?

Thanks,

P.S. For those new to the process, or those with short memories :) ... we do the "M-builds" at 10, instead of 8, because eventually (around milestones) we'll need to do I-builds on Wednesday as well. So ... best to pick one way to always be inconsistent (a form of consistency :)  ... rather than having inconsistencies depending on what week it is. As always, I'm open to suggestions, but we've done it this way before and seemed (to me) to work better than switching around.

Back to the top