[platform-releng-dev] Six repo owners need to review Bug 471835

See

Bug 471835 - Build succeeds, even when "old" parent pom is referred to

There are 6 pom files, that specify an extra repository, and that makes our production build less deterministic.

pom.xml - eclipse.platform.releng
pom.xml - eclipse.jdt
pom.xml - eclipse.platform.swt
pom.xml - eclipse.platform.swt.binaries
pom.xml - eclipse.platform.ui
pom.xml - org.eclipse.equinox.p2.releng/org.eclipse.equinox.p2-parent

See bug for more details, but I'm wondering if anyone recalls adding the <repositories> section to these poms?
Or, something done at very beginning, and no longer needed?
Ideally the <repositories> element there could just be removed ... but, am not positive of the reason is was added.