[platform-releng-dev] Plans for RC2a

To maximize communication, I will repeat a little of what is written in our "Declare RC2" bug (Bug 467803 )

Our current candidate for RC2a is

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/I20150522-2000/

There was quite a few more JUnit failures, compared to previous candidate,

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/I20150521-1715/

But done of them seem related to the p2 revert change.

Partially because many are "out" due to holidays, I plan to cancel the scheduled
Saturday 3 PM build. This will help avoid confusion about "what the candidate is", and additionally, I may try "re-running" the JUnit tests on 0522-2000, with the idea the test servers may have been especially busy, or something during that time?

BUT do say if someone has a important fix such that they need the 3 PM build, and we'll adjust plans.

Besides the p2 revert, I20150522-2000 also has some new SWT binaries -- I'm assume that's expected and ok for RC2a. Could these be related to the new JUnit failures?

I will also try several "update" scenarios to confirm the p2 revert is complete.

If all goes well, and I hear of no other issues, I will promote RC2a on Sunday, approximately 2 PM (Eastern).

As always, let me know if there are consequences of this plan that I have not anticipated.

Back to the top