Re: [platform-releng-dev] First ever maintenance stream performance tests are displayed ....

Congratulations! This is a big step towards having good performance data again.

Dani

From:        David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse platform release engineering list." <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        11.12.2014 20:15
Subject:        [platform-releng-dev] First ever maintenance stream performance        tests are displayed ....
Sent by:        platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Well, the resurrected performance tests, I should say. (first in a long time, in other words) ... though, we've had the Mars stream performance tests stumbling a long for a while now.

And so far, only the "short set" have ran in maintenance, not the long running ones. I will have to restart those by hand, and will wait until the Milestone ones are done, so will likely be Monday before those are ready for viewing.

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/M20141210-0900/performance/performance.php

But, a) I was pretty happy it worked at all :)  and b) wanted to call attention to "
umbrella bug" 454921 which is where I will track bugs related to fixing or improving current "display or workflow" of performance tests.

I would appreciate especially component owners digging though a few performance results (Luna and Mars) and if you see anything wrong, or things that could be improved, if there is not already a bug for it, to open one, and mark it blocking that umbrella bug. That will help me prioritize the remaining work. Not to mention, if you have failing performance tests, to "comment them out" until they can be fixed. (Especially if they fail in both streams, especially on "current builds" and "baselines" since those presumably would need some effort to debug and fix? Though, maybe not in all cases (api framework tests for example, are failing  because max heap size is set to a value smaller than minimum heap size? I'll open bug and recommendations for that later (if, not obvious how to fix)  ... have to run off this afternoon.