From:        David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
To:        "Eclipse platform release engineering list." <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        12/06/2014 12:19 AM
Subject:        Re: [platform-releng-dev] broken metadata? M-build respin scheduled for 2 PM -- status
Sent by:        platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Believe it, or not ... it *is* still running. But, not sure I'd trust it ... now after 10 hours of running (at least) what is normally a 3 to 4 hour job. It would probably be fine if it ever finished, but ... something is amiss on the build machine. Even the N-build, that started at 8 PM, is *still* in its very initial phase (of clean up and checkout of source) .... something that usually takes the "long" time of 20 or 30 minutes (now gong on for 4 hours).

Unless something changes in the next 20 to 30 minutes, I am going to cancel both of them, and try again tomorrow, after making sure "everything" is cleaned up. After the initial failure today, related to NFS, things might have been left in a bad state? Or .. perhaps There are still NFS problems? Normally we do allocate 2.5G "max heap", but, for some reason there appears to be 6G of memory swapped to disk for one of the processes. I know from desktop use, at least, once something gets in a "bad swap state", it can not really catch up, just spends all its time swapping memory pages for one bit of code or another. (And, by the way, pretty sure "it is not us" ... the build still runs normally on my local test system, with "signing" being the only substantial difference.

Hope for the best ...

Apologies for the delay,