Re: [platform-releng-dev] Our consumption of JDT for the Nightly build

> Strange to me, that JDT has no daily build to test their latest and greatest.

I think that sentence could leave some casual readers with the wrong impression. They do have daily builds, tons of unit tests, and they often "test their own stuff" by compiling the SDK, and much more.

I was only answering when we move to a new compiler, in our production builds. If you want the latest compiler, it is in the *output* of every nightly build, but I'd recommend the latest I-build since N-builds are not intended to be "consumed" in the usual sense -- but, take your pick.

But, for production builds, there is little reason for us to move to a new compiler "every day"! Not even weekly. The JDT Team, obviously, goes through their "milestone cycle" like everyone else, and the builds "in the middle" of the cycle may not be quite right ... and they don't need our production builds to tell them that. Our consumption their milestone builds is intended to be more of a "stress test" than a "correctness test" -- that, and to help make sure there are no surprises for others, that might consume a milestone JDT Compiler.  Hope that clarifies things.

Good luck,

Thanks David, I was testing an external plug-in which depends on a change in JDT which was done last week and I expected it to work as I didn't know what you explained. Strange to me, that JDT has no daily build to test their latest and greatest.

Best regards, Lars