[platform-releng-dev] Belated "heads up": Imagine life with no red X's ...

And no green check marks either!

Beginning with this N20140706-2000 build, I have removed them from the package by package "status". They have been a source of confusion for years -- for many reasons, some bugs, some conceptual. Not to mention, there is some very complicated code that is used generate these pages -- so I want to get rid of as much hard-to-maintain code as possible.

I will be making changes to improve the Download pages and tests summaries ... but it will be a long effort ... done in fits and starts ... so felt it important to warn everyone it is a "work in progress" (over the next several months, as I "fit it in" with the other things I have to do.

The general effort and plan is tracked in
Bug 387066 - Remove Red X's (and the few green checkmarks) from main DL page
So if you have any comments, please make them there ... not to this list.

If you do happen to look at the download page, the thing to look at is the "test results" link at top of page.  I'll make some small improvement there soon, and larger improvements there later.

And, don't forget, you can always sign up for RSS notification, either for tests in general, such as at bottom of
https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/view/Eclipse%20and%20Equinox/
Or for specific builds, such as
https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/view/Eclipse%20and%20Equinox/job/ep45N-unit-lin64/
This is useful to tell you when the tests are done .... it usually takes another 10 ot 15 minutes to show up on our summary page, on "downloads".

Thanks,