[platform-releng-dev] Reminder that Kepler SR2 is near

Its a new year ... which means we have to start finalizing our (final) maintenance release for Kepler.

Our Kepler RC1 +0 delivery is due next Friday, 1/17 ... which means we will use our build from next Wednesday, 1/15, for our contribution to that.

We should try to get in as much as possible before then and from what I can tell, if I've done my query right, there are only 16 bugs targeted for that service release ... many of them mine, sorry to admit.

Open Bugs for Kepler SR2

Not sure if this was discussed at status meeting this week (sorry I had to miss) but thought best to send out this note both as a reminder to "fix bugs" but also to be sure to "triage bugs" appropriately in case any others should be considered or any should be "moved out" to Luna.

As I recall, there is no official "test day" or sign-offs for the first RC ... it is considered "warm up" ... but that means the final few RCs will come fast and furious. And, again if I recall correctly, for the remaining RCs, we just plan the one, Wednesday, M-build each week, but other builds can be requested at any time, if needed.

Please refresh my memory, if any of the above is wrong or if anyone has suggestions on how to improve our ramp-down.