From: David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Eclipse platform release engineering list." <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 27.05.2013 14:32
Subject: [platform-releng-dev] Unscheduled build at 8 AM (5/27) Eastern

Don't let this build distract you from your normally planned "test day" ... this unscheduled build is simply part of _my_ test day  :)

Seriously, Tycho has staged a new release of Tycho 0.18.0 which is just like the snapshot we have been using, except for the minor little addition of a new version of p2 and its pre-req'd sat4j (upgraded over the weekend to fix a blocking bug).

The newly staged release candidate of Tycho worked fine on my local test machine, but I think it is best to run on build.eclipse.org and produce a build some few of us can look at in detail before saying all is ok for Tycho to move from "staged" to "released".  And by "look at in detail", I mean simply that it "pulls" the exact same third party bundles, etc., from Orbit. A few other technical things either I or p2 team might want to check, but there's no reason for others to wait to begin testing. In short, "if it builds at all" then it will be building the same thing as previous build, so no testing on previous build would be invalidated.

And if it was not obvious, we have only a short runway to get this "staged" version of Tycho tested before it becomes "released" (probably on Wednesday) ... so thought it best to do as soon as possible.

There is no build scheduled for this evening at the usual 8 PM time ... simply to help people focus on testing instead of bug or doc fixing.  Then two more scheduled builds, one Tuesday and one on Wednesday before RC3 and from then on it is "build on demand". (
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/platform-releng/buildSchedule.html).

Just wanted to keep everyone informed.