Subject: Re: [platform-releng-dev] Howto use new directory.txt?
Date: Mo 18 Mär 2013 19:51:00 CET
From: Paul Webster<pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Eclipse platform release engineering list.<platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Stephan Herrmann <stephan.herrmann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Now that the build is cbi based (congrats!), what is the recommended way for finding out, what exact versions were used for the build?

The directory.txt used to tell me for each plug-in from which tag it was built. Now that file only specifies a commit id within eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator.git.
Where to go from there?

The build input is tagged with the build tag for the aggregator and all contained repos.  So you can either just use that to check out eclipse.jdt.ui (or core) directly or you can check out the aggregator to that tag and it will point to the jdt submodule used for that build, ex:

git checkout I20130314-1330
git submodule update eclipse.jdt.ui

PW

--