[platform-releng-dev] Propose to schedule "Warmup" M-builds for this afternoon ...

Its been suggested to me that it'd be prudent to do a "warmup" build this afternoon for Juno SR2 RC3 build ... the "official builds" being scheduled for Friday 10 and 12.

The reasoning is that there's been a number of "small" changes ... such as to fix version numbers, etc., and easy to miss a few ... so doing a warm-build now might make the official builds more likely to be final.

From some brief chats, it sounds like 3 and 5 Eastern (for 3.8 and 4.2 respectively) would be good times. I think best to cancel the N-build scheduled for 8 PM, since with all those builds (and their unit tests) it would delay the "official builds" a little on Friday.

If anyone objects to this plan, or needs to tweak the times an hour or so ... let us know here on this list.

Remember, if there are no other changes between those warmup builds and the official builds, then the official builds won't run ... which would not be bad ... but from the little I've heard, sounds like there might still be some "last minute" fixes coming after the warm up builds.

If anyone (e.g. SWT) makes a change that might effect "examples source", let me know and I will proactively "touch" that examples source feature that has suffix versioning problems.

Thanks all,

Back to the top