[platform-releng-dev] update hooks added to "news" and "common" (docs) repositories

To address  bug 395780 [1] (and comply with our project and Foundation policy), I added update hooks to

eclipse.platform.releng.eclipsebuilder.git
eclipse.platform.news.git
eclipse.platform.common.git

This is the hook that "tracks" if it is a committer doing the commit, even if "authored" by someone else (such as, for a contributed patch).
We think they were just omitted by accident. BUT, we don't want to prohibit anyone from contributing news or updating their PDE or JDT documentation, so if any PDE or JDT committers who are NOT also Platform committers can try pushing in a change it'd be appreciated. Please comment in the bug if you've now "lost" that ability.

Thanks,

[1] Bug 395780 - 5 platform repos do not have update hooks?

Back to the top