Re: [platform-releng-dev] Belated testing of 2 M builds

The DNF in the Text tests is a real bug in the Oracle's JRE for the Mac. We have disabled the test in 'master' and I've now backported that to the maintenance branch. For details see https://bugs.eclipse.org/392594 .

Dani

From: David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Eclipse platform release engineering list." <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 10.11.2012 18:20
Subject: [platform-releng-dev] Belated testing of 2 M builds

M20121031-1000 (3.8.2)
M20121031-1200 (4.2.2)

I've noticed that there are a couple of tests that have been DNFing on the mac machine, for the last few M builds, but not the I or N builds. One consistently (text.tests) one not so consistent (compare.tests).

To help "fill in" the whole pattern, I'm going to initiate tests for the two M builds we skipped a couple of weeks ago.

Just wanted to mention it in case anyone later wondered "where did those come from".

If there are DNFs there too, I'd say then that the are from some "real change" in code or tests that doesn't match what is in I or N builds.
If no DNFs, then likely a fluke that just so happens to occur on Wednesdays?