Re: [platform-releng-dev] Two Releng changes for RC4 ... for tonight's build?

I'm ok with these changes going in.

McQ.

Inactive hide details for David M Williams ---2012/06/03 14:14:04---I would like to make two "releng fixes" for the final releaDavid M Williams ---2012/06/03 14:14:04---I would like to make two "releng fixes" for the final release, and, seems to me they should to into

From: David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 2012/06/03 14:14
Subject: [platform-releng-dev] Two Releng changes for RC4 ... for tonight's build?
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I would like to make two "releng fixes" for the final release, and, seems to me they should to into tonight, so they are available for "test pass" many (all) teams are making on Monday or Tuesday. Neither should really change anything anyone would find in a test pass, but, they are both so "low level" I think the more exposure the better.

So, sorry for late notice (and apologies if not correct "protocol", not waiting for official "review" flag) but ... figured this notice to platform-releng-dev would suffice that someone might see it before 7 PM and say "no, needs more review first", or something. But, if I don't hear otherwise, I plan to work this afternoon to get these changes done, and will even set "continue if no change" since I'm not sure these types of releng changes would be detected as "changes". (and, yes, there is a bug for that :) ... somewhere).

Bug 379593 - Update basebuilder to final JDT compiler for Juno

As far as I know this will have no effect on our byte codes .... but a) we'd better make sure it doesn't :) and b) seems just good practice to use the final, to-be-released compiler in our final to-be-released code.

Bug 381500 - Need to move up to new ECF repo.

This is actually a change we requested, but assumed too late to do for Juno, and then sort of accidentally discovered ECF had already made the change (late last week). As far as I know (I asked explicitly in
Bug 381478 but no answer yet) there is no change to the ECF code we have been using, but does change all the qualifiers. This will also make a difference in the "p2 metadata" we publish for these bundles, so it is pretty important we be consistent with ECF, both in qualifier versions and in repo metadata.

Do let me know if concerns and would prefer not to see these changes go in for tonight (Sunday 6/3), otherwise, test well!