Re: [platform-releng-dev] [eclipse-build]Build N20120118-2000 (Timestamp: 201201182000):Build is complete. Test failures/errors occurred.

> From: Srikanth S Adayapalam/India/IBM@IBMIN
> Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>

> > The build page from last night now reflects the results of running the
> tests on Windows with Java 7.

> Here is a very likely explanation of what is going on:

It gets curiouser.

> So I think till date the JRE which was of vintage 6 has been silently
> falling back
> while JRE 7 to which you have upgraded recently, barks since it is
mandated
> to bark.

A JVM7 is required to bark only when class file is of version 51 (i.e
produced
by JDK7 compiler.) Given
com.sun.crypto.provider.PBEKeyFactory.engineGetKeySpec
comes from Oracle's JRE itself, it sounds unlikely that this disallowance
fall back would be the cause. What is the probability of JRE being shipped
with
classes that its own JVM would reject ? Beside, our experiments with Oracle
Java
7 update 2 doesn't show the problem.

Continuing to study this further ...

Thanks!