[platform-releng-dev] Tagged doc, reminder not to move tags

I have tagged a doc change for the upcoming 3.6 M2 candidate build.

I discovered a doc bundle had been re-tagged with the same tag from a previous build (a moved tag), which resulted in two copies of the bundle in our I-build repository with the same version and *different* content. This means people upgrading from a previous build would not obtain the newest contents. I have tagged the affected bundle with a new version to ensure that people upgrading to the latest build get the new content. This is a reminder that it is *never* a good idea to retag a bundle with the same tag. It is extremely difficult to track down problems caused by multiple copies of a bundle floating around with the same version but different content. New tags are not expensive so there is really no reason to ever do this.

John

Back to the top