Re: [cross-project-issues-dev] Re: [platform-releng-dev] The Helios M1 repo, 3.6 repo, and repo2runnable

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Kim Moir <Kim_Moir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There currently isn't  tooling to update the metadata to remove references to deleted bundles and features - thus they remain.

Do you really need all the content in the entire Helios repo?  If not, you could use the p2.mirror task to specify the IUs you need, then run repo2runnable on the result.  This would avoid these errors.

I don't mind trying that (with some help :-) on Monday, but that's non-trivial task ... the repo needs to replicate everything except those IUs that fail (maybe it has an "exclude" setting), especially all of the different platform plugins and binary org.eclipse.rcp.configuration IUs, etc.

Andrew N also mentioned that we might modify the repo2runnable task so it only reports IUs it can't find but completes the repo anyway.  I'll post a bug when I've opened it.

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR