Re: [platform-releng-dev] TestNG automation?

Nope -- it would be under Modeling.

Actually the more I look through the release stuff, the more I think that this is an Eclipse Testing Framework issue which I think makes it a PDE Build issue; i.e. without build support releng can't employ it. Does that make sense to you?

-Miles

To clarify, you're saying that your incubator project  will reside under the Eclipse(PDE/JDT/Platform) or Equinox projects?

Kim

Miles Parker <milesparker@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/03/2009 04:28 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse platform release engineering list."        <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse platform release engineering list." <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-releng-dev] TestNG automation?

Hi Kim,

Glad to hear. TestNG's distributed testing as well as all of the parameterization and dependency stuff is way more sophisticated and I find it a lot easier to use. As I'm sure you're aware, existing JUnit tests can also be supported.
(Only minus and its a small one is that the UI plugin isn't nearly as nice.)

And sorry but I'm feeling a little slow today.. I meant that I have an incubation project proposal out (not approved but I'd like to have things conforming to Eclipse build process in any case). So releng would be the appropriate place?

thanks,

Miles