Re: [platform-releng-dev] Scheduling Nightly Product Exports

The recommended method to perform scheduled builds is to use PDE/Build which automates the generation and running of ant scripts.
There is documentation in the help, you can start with
http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.pde.doc.user/tasks/pde_product_build.htm

-Andrew

Ron Brash <Ron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/09/2008 01:22 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse platform release engineering list."        <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-releng-dev] Scheduling Nightly Product Exports

Hello everyone,

I have searched far and wide for a method to do scheduled Product Exports using the recent Eclipse SDK and a recent Java JRE 12 update 5.. or something similar.  I apologize for not knowing off the top of my head, work was charming as usual.  However, if we use the export wizard with a .product file, our build goes great.

I would like to script a build to be ran nightly from the daily svn checkout.  PDE tools generates an ANT script, but I really don't think thats the answer.  Our project entails about 25+ plugins(?) within the Eclipse workspace, so if I generate the Ant build script, just flat out doesn't work.

Ideas on how you guys work your nightly builds or a way to schedule this?  a plugin would be stellar if there is.

Thanks,

Ron Brash