Re: [platform-releng-dev] UnpackUpdateJars task and unzip

Ant zip doesn't preserve file permissions, that's why we use unzip in many places in the build.

Kim

Jonathan Albrecht <Jonathan.Albrecht@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/17/2008 01:58 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse platform release engineering list."        <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-releng-dev] UnpackUpdateJars task and unzip

I'd like to use the UnpackUpdateJars task in our windows plugin builds but we don't have unfo-zip unzip.exe on those machines and we don't want to maintain more 3rd-party software than we already have.

Is there a reason why unzip.exe is used instead of the ant zip task or another java based solution? I'll probably roll our own version of the task using just java unless I know that there is a reason why the command line unzip is required.

Thanks,

Jon