RE: [platform-releng-dev] How to manage patches in the CVS Repo?

Thanks Kim -

I understand the concept of patched features, but I'm wondering if and
where the feature patch is version controlled and how it is actually built.

I can create a feature patch in my workspace, and then add it to
the update site project -- it will be built with a default qualifier e.g.
20070704. But this procedure is not reproducable. I'd like my feature
patch to be checked in to CVS somewhere, and labelled, perhaps
added to a mapfile and built in a reproducable manner.

I was wondering how the Platform Team has been managing this
in the past for the feature patches that have been released to
the Platform Update Site?

Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm