Re: [platform-releng-dev] Rebuild scheduled for 9:45 EDT today

You have probabably noticed that our map has been updated and the rebuild is underway.

Now for the explanation...

I was really confused this morning, because I *always* use the releng tool to tag and update the map.
I didn't see how it was possible to have a mismatch typo!
Something didn't make sense...

After investigation, I discovered that "somebody else" (whose name is now mud) tagged up again after I went home for the evening.
That person is going to get instruction on how to use the releng tool.
Also, we will sit down as a team and discuss policies on who can release what and when.

I completely agree that *everyone* should use the releng tool for tagging and updating their map.
It is simple to use, and it works fine for SWT - and if we can use it, anybody can.
It prevents build-breaking typos such as this from happening.

I humbly apologize to all for the waste of time that we inadvertently caused.

Carolyn (for the SWT team)

Sonia Dimitrov/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/22/2007 08:23 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse platform release engineering list."        <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-releng-dev] Rebuild scheduled for 9:45 EDT today

I have scheduled a build to start at 9:45 this morning.  SWT team, please get in touch if more time is needed.

Sonia