Re: [platform-releng-dev] Improvements For Compiler Result Presentation

Just in case it wasn't clear why I'd like to see two sections: I expect the
first section with (non-access violation) errors and warnings to be either
empty or very short while the access violation section will stay long due
to the test plug-ins. Another solution (with only one section as it is now)
would be to filter the access violations in test plug-ins.

Dani
----- Forwarded by Daniel Megert/Zurich/IBM on 01.03.2007 08:57 -----

             Daniel
             Megert/Zurich/IBM
             28.02.2007 18:12          "Eclipse platform release
                                       engineering list."
                                       <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [platform-releng-dev]
                                       Improvements For Compiler Result
                                       Presentation(Document link: Daniel
                                       Megert)

> but I still prefer to get errors separated from
Yes, of course. What I meant with having two sections is:
Errors              Warnings

Forbidden Access        Discouraged Access

This would make it easier to read than having four columns.

Dani

             Olivier Thomann
             <Olivier_Thomann@
             ca.ibm.com>                                                To
             Sent by:                  "Eclipse platform release
             platform-releng-d         engineering list."
             ev-bounces@eclips         <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             e.org                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
             28.02.2007 18:10          Re: [platform-releng-dev]
                                       Improvements For Compiler Result
                                       Presentation
             Please respond to
             "Eclipse platform
                  release
                engineering
                  list."
             <platform-releng-
             dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

This is trivial to change, but I still prefer to get errors separated from
all other values.
So we could have four columns:
    1         |              2                 |                  3    |
            4
Errors   | Other warnings   |   Forbidden accesses |     Discouraged
accesses

Olivier

Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
2007-02-27 04:45
Please respond to
"Eclipse platform release engineering list."
<platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-releng-dev] Improvements For Compiler Result Presentation

Hi,

it's great that the forbidden and discouraged warnings are now separated.
However, in my opinion the results (e.g.
http://download.eclipse.org/downloads/drops/N20070226-0010/testResults.php
)
are currently still a bit hard to read. I suggest the following
improvements:
- make a first section that only contains the 'Errors' and 'Warnings'
(without access restrictions)
- make a second section which shows the access violations
- the access violation output is too compact and hard to read, e.g. "5119
(0/5119)"). I suggest to use two columns: 'Forbidden Access' and
'Discouraged Access'
- in the detailed log output I'd like to have the forbidden access
separated

Thanks,
Dani