[platform-releng-dev] 3.3M4 build schedule

The last milestone of 2006 is next week and the build schedule is below.  You'll notice that the interval between builds has been adjusted to five hours to accomodate the additional time required to sign builds.  Also, the first builds of the morning have been changed to 6am so when people in eastern time zones arrive for work, this build should be immediately available.  To keep the interval between builds at 4 hours, we were initially asked to disable signing on most of the builds.  However, after further discussion, we decided to sign all builds to ensure any bugs related to signing would be exposed in each build.

If anyone has concerns with this schedule, please let me know.

Monday, Dec 11 - 3.3 M4 warm-up and Test candidate builds
- 00:10 3.3 M4 Warm-up build
- 3.3 M4 build toward Test candidate at 6 am, 11am, 4 pm, and 9 pm builds if map files are updated
- Midnight Integration builds will be in lieu of the nightly builds on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- goal: a good build for the test pass on Tuesday
- The last chance to submit to the test candidate will be the Tuesday midnight build

Tuesday, Dec 12 (all day) - Final Test candidate build and 3.3 M4 Test pass

- 00:10 build is the final 3.3 M4 test candidate build
- intensive 1-day test pass on 3.3 M4 candidate

Wednesday, Dec 13 - Build toward Milestone candidate

- 3.3 M4 builds toward Milestone candidate with 00:10, 6 am, 11am, 4 pm, and 9 pm builds if map files are updated

Thursday, Dec 14 - Final Build toward Milestone candidate

- midnight build is the final 3.3 M4 candidate build
- for a rebuild, only team(s) requesting the rebuild need to recheck and sign off (although they may request other teams to revalidate potentially affected functionality)
- goal: a milestone candidate for Friday

Friday, Dec 15

-Final sanity check, all teams sign off, 3.3 M4 is released.

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/platform-releng/buildSchedule.html

Kim

Back to the top