Re: [platform-releng-dev] Question about debugging failing Automated tests

The build tags the org.eclipse.releng project with the buildId each time it is run.  Thus, the cvs tag M20060629-1905 of  org.eclipse.releng reflects the versions of the projects that were used for the build that ultimately became 3.2.  Also, a page is generated with each build which concatenates the map files used in each build, for instance

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.2-200606291905/directory.txt

Kim

Corey Ashford <cjashfor@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/10/2006 05:17 PM

Please respond to
cjashfor@xxxxxxxxxx; Please respond to
"Eclipse platform release engineering list." <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-releng-dev] Question about debugging failing Automated        tests

Hi,

I'm attempting to look at some failures in the automated test suite on
the linux-ppc-gtk platform running Eclipse R3.2.

I'm running into a problem that if I attempt to pull the test code
source out of the CVS head, I run into incompatibilities.  Is there some
easy way of using the M20060629-1905 tag to pull out the right versions
from CVS.  I've been trying to figure it out, but I'm pretty new to CVS
and am so far not having much luck.

Thanks for your consideration,

- Corey

Corey Ashford
Software Engineer
IBM Linux Technology Center, Linux Toolchain
Beaverton, OR
503-578-3507
cjashfor@xxxxxxxxxx