[platform-releng-dev] Request for RC1a build

Hi folks,

Due to unforeseen conflicts between content types contributed by Help and WTP, we are requesting a rebuild of RC1 with an additional fix to address the problem (RC1a). The map files have already been branched and updated with only this change to RC1, and it is ready for rebuild.

Details:

In order to improve the adoption of the new dynamic content features available for XHTML in 3.2, the Help system allows XHTML content to be placed in files with extensions .htm/.html. This requires the help system to peek into files with these extensions in order to know if they are HTML or XHTML, because the dynamic content features are only applicable to XML formats. This was originally done in RC1 by contributing content types for HTML and XHTML. However, this had a severe impact on WTP because they also define a content type for HTML and XHTML, and because our content types were getting precedence, their editors would no longer open. The fix involves no longer declaring global content types, but using their implementations internally.

Thanks,
Curt

Back to the top