Re: [platform-releng-dev] Javadoc warnings in I20060216-0800

Compiler Javadoc default options is "Process Javadoc comments" but ignore
malformed and missing ones. That means Javadoc comments are only parsed to
be
able to find types/methods/fields references but *no error* is reported.
This is the default behavior to avoid extra times penalties while compiling
when we introduced these options in 3.0 (a long time ago...).

So, I would advice to change this default behavior to report errors in
malformed Javadoc comments (ie. set "Malformed Javadoc comments" to
"Warning")
and also report errors in tags (ie. check  "Report errors in tags").

The former option will report any syntax error in your javadoc (for example
empty @see tag, missing closing brace in in-line tag, invalid reference as
"java..lang.Object", etc.), the latter will report issues with unknown
references (for example nonexistent types or methods, duplicate @param
tags,
unthrown exceptions in @throws tag, etc.)

Cordialement/Regards,

Frédéric

             Veronika Irvine
             <Veronika_Irvine@
             ca.ibm.com>                                                To
             Sent by:                  "Eclipse platform release
             platform-releng-d         engineering list."
             ev-bounces@eclips         <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             e.org                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
             02/17/2006 01:38          Re: [platform-releng-dev] Javadoc
             PM                        warnings in I20060216-0800

             Please respond to
             "Eclipse platform
                  release
                engineering
                  list."

Fixed javadoc errors in org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Transform.java and
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.ExpandBar.java.  I am not requesting a rebuild for
these fixes and I have not tagged the swt map file for them.

We just use the default compiler warning settings so I am not sure what
you mean by "I wonder if compiler Javadoc options were well activated on
these projects".

Frederic Fusier <frederic_fusier@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
02/17/2006 04:41 AM
Please respond to
"Eclipse platform release engineering list."

"Eclipse platform release engineering list."
<platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [platform-releng-dev] Javadoc warnings in I20060216-0800

I wonder if compiler Javadoc options were well activated on these
projects.
I've checked out them and can see these errors well reported by JDT/Core
compiler, except for the first one (due to the fact that
createKeyBindings() method *really* exists in StyledText, so it sounds
like
a bug in javadoc.exe...)
So, I've generated javadoc with 1.5.0 version and did no longer get this
error => this bug seems to have been fixed in last version...

Note also that there are other Javadoc errors not detected with version
1.4.2 but by version 1.5.0 and JDT/Core compiler:
org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Transform.java line:136 (revision 1.11): @return
"Javadoc: Unexpected tag" (getElements(float[]) method does not return
anything...)
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.ExpandBar.java line:406 (revision 1.6): @return
"Javadoc: Unexpected tag" (setSpacing(int) method does not return
anything...)

Cordialement/Regards,

Frédéric

             Nick Edgar
             <Nick_Edgar@xxxxx
             m.com>                                                     To

             Sent by:                  "Eclipse platform release
             platform-releng-d         engineering list."
             ev-bounces@eclips         <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             e.org                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject

             02/16/2006 10:30          [platform-releng-dev] Javadoc
             PM                        warnings in I20060216-0800

             Please respond to
             "Eclipse platform
                  release
                engineering
                  list."

The Javadoc warnings were in SWT and Workbench.  The Workbench ones were
fixed for the noon build.

/builds/I200602160800/src/plugins/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/../org.eclipse.swt/Eclipse

SWT Custom Widgets/common/org/eclipse/swt/custom/ST.java:25: warning - Tag
@see: can't find createKeyBindings() in org.eclipse.swt.custom.StyledText
/builds/I200602160800/src/plugins/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/../org.eclipse.swt/Eclipse

SWT Custom Widgets/common/org/eclipse/swt/custom/StyledText.java:7127:
warning - @param argument "indent" is not a parameter name.
/builds/I200602160800/src/plugins/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/../org.eclipse.ui.workbench/Eclipse

UI/org/eclipse/ui/fieldassist/ContentAssistCommandAdapter.java:41: warning
- Tag @link: Class or Package not found: ICommand
/builds/I200602160800/src/plugins/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/../org.eclipse.ui.workbench/Eclipse

UI/org/eclipse/ui/fieldassist/ContentAssistCommandAdapter.java:41: warning
- Tag @link: Class or Package not found: ICommand
/builds/I200602160800/src/plugins/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/../org.eclipse.ui.workbench/Eclipse

UI/org/eclipse/ui/fieldassist/ContentAssistCommandAdapter.java:41: warning
- Tag @link: Class or Package not found: ICommand
/builds/I200602160800/src/plugins/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/../org.eclipse.ui.workbench/Eclipse

UI/org/eclipse/ui/fieldassist/ContentAssistCommandAdapter.java:41: warning
- Tag @link: Class or Package not found: ICommand
/builds/I200602160800/src/plugins/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/../org.eclipse.ui.workbench/Eclipse

UI/org/eclipse/ui/fieldassist/ContentAssistCommandAdapter.java:41: warning
- Tag @link: Class or Package not found: KeyStroke

Nick

eclipse-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
02/16/2006 03:58 PM
Please respond to
"Eclipse platform release engineering list."

platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-releng-dev] [eclipse-build]Build I20060216-0800 (Timestamp:
200602160800):Automated JUnit testing complete. Test failures/errors
occurred.

Build I20060216-0800 (Timestamp: 200602160800):  Automated JUnit testing
is complete.  Test failures/errors occurred in the following:

org.eclipse.ant.tests.ui_linux.gtk.x86
org.eclipse.ant.tests.ui_macosx.carbon.ppc
org.eclipse.ant.tests.ui_win32.win32.x86
org.eclipse.jdt.text.tests_macosx.carbon.ppc
org.eclipse.releng.tests_linux.gtk.x86
org.eclipse.releng.tests_macosx.carbon.ppc
org.eclipse.releng.tests_win32.win32.x86

HTTP Download:

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/I20060216-0800

FTP Download:

                 user: anonymous
                 password: (e-mail address or leave blank)
                 server:  download.eclipse.org
                 cd to directory:  I20060216-0800

                 or

                 ftp://download.eclipse.org/I20060216-0800