Re: [platform-releng-dev] [eclipse-build]Build I20060117-0800 (Timestamp: 200601170800):Automated JUnit testing complete. Test failures/errors occurred.

We usually have this CHKPII conversation once a year, but this year it came
bit early :-)

We shouldn't have to start making modifications to perfectly legitimate
values in plugin.xml files just to keep the CHKPII tool happy.

We had the same conversation on May 20, 2005 and here is how it went down:

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/platform-releng-dev/msg04119.html

Wassim.

             Curtis
             D'Entremont/Toron
             to/IBM@IBMCA                                               To
             Sent by:                  "Eclipse platform release
             platform-releng-d         engineering list."
             ev-bounces@eclips         <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             e.org                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
             01/17/2006 06:08          Re: [platform-releng-dev]
             PM                        [eclipse-build]Build
                                       I20060117-0800    (Timestamp:
                                       200601170800):Automated       JUnit
             Please respond to         testing complete.       Test
             "Eclipse platform         failures/errors occurred.
                  release
                engineering
                  list."

I thought I'd share this bit of info...

CHKPII sometimes incorrectly interprets XML attributes containing spaces as
strings that should be translated, even though the attribute should not be
translated. Take spaces in filenames, for example. One way to avoid such
warnings is to use the unicode escape character for space (&#0032;). For
example:

attribute="With Spaces"

would become:

attribute="With&#0032;Spaces"

CHKPII will no longer complain, and the XML parser will still read it
correctly. If you added your XML files to the ignore list in the past
because of this problem, you may want to consider using this approach
instead.

Thanks,
Curtis d'Entremont
Eclipse User Assistance
IBM Toronto Lab

Phone: (905) 413-5754
E-Mail: curtispd@xxxxxxxxxx

 Kim
 Moir/Ottawa/IBM@
 IBMCA                                                                  To
 Sent by:                           "Eclipse platform release engineering
 platform-releng-                   list."
 dev-bounces@ecli                   <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 pse.org                                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
 17/01/2006 02:03                   Re: [platform-releng-dev]
 PM                                 [eclipse-build]Build
                                    I20060117-0800        (Timestamp:
                                    200601170800):Automated        JUnit
  Please respond                    testing complete.        Test
        to                          failures/errors occurred.
     "Eclipse
     platform
      release
    engineering
      list."

The releng failures are due to chkpii errors in

eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv_3.2.0.v20060109_jar/porting/3.2/

incompatibilities.html,  org_eclipse_team_ui_teamContentProviders.html,
org_eclipse_team_ui_teamDecorators.html,
org_eclipse_ui_navigator_navigatorContent.html

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/I20060117-0800/testresults/chkpii/linux.gtk.x86_org.eclipse.nls.html.txt

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/I20060117-0800/testresults/chkpii/win32.win32.x86_org.eclipse.nls.html.txt

eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.doc.user_3.2.0.v20060117-0800_jar/contexts_JDT.xml

eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.team.ui_3.2.0.I20060116a_jar/plugin.xml
eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.team.core_3.2.0.I20060116_jar/plugin.xml
eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.ui.browser_3.2.0.v20051117_jar/ plugin.xml
eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.ui.cheatsheets_3.2.0.v20060116_jar/plugin.xml

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/I20060117-0800/testresults/chkpii/linux.gtk.x86_org.eclipse.nls.xml.txt

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/I20060117-0800/testresults/chkpii/win32.win32.x86_org.eclipse.nls.xml.txt

Also, there are javadoc warnings in
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/I20060117-0800/compilelogs/jdt.doc.isv.javadoc.txt

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/I20060117-0800/compilelogs/platform.doc.isv.javadoc.txt

Kim

 eclipse-releng@ec
 lipse.org
 Sent by:
 platform-releng-d                                                      To
 ev-bounces@eclips                  platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
 e.org                                                                  cc

                                                                   Subject
 01/17/2006 01:36                   [platform-releng-dev]
 PM                                 [eclipse-build]Build I20060117-0800
                                    (Timestamp: 200601170800):Automated
                                    JUnit testing complete.        Test
   Please respond                   failures/errors occurred.
      "Eclipse
  platform release
    engineering
       list."

Build I20060117-0800 (Timestamp: 200601170800):  Automated JUnit testing is
complete.  Test failures/errors occurred in the following:

org.eclipse.ant.tests.ui_linux.gtk.x86
org.eclipse.ant.tests.ui_macosx.carbon.ppc
org.eclipse.ant.tests.ui_win32.win32.x86
org.eclipse.jdt.debug.tests_win32.win32.x86
org.eclipse.releng.tests_linux.gtk.x86
org.eclipse.releng.tests_macosx.carbon.ppc
org.eclipse.releng.tests_win32.win32.x86

HTTP Download:

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/I20060117-0800

FTP Download:

               user: anonymous
               password: (e-mail address or leave blank)
               server:  download.eclipse.org
               cd to directory:  I20060117-0800

               or

               ftp://download.eclipse.org/I20060117-0800