[platform-releng-dev] Re: [eclipse-dev] Detection of unnecessary nls tags

Sure, the rebuild has been scheduled for 8am.

Kim

Olivier Thomann/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/02/2005 11:14 AM

Please respond to
"General development mailing list of the Eclipse project."

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[eclipse-dev] Detection of unnecessary nls tags

Hi,

In today's build, the compiler could report unnecessary nls tags. To do
that it used the preference for externalized string literals. The reason
for that is to get an accurate tagging of externalized string literals.

Doing this, we ended up with thousands of errors for some teams that set
this preference to error (by default this is ignored). So in order to
prevent from slowing people down, we won't report these unnecessary nls
tags till after M1. This gives time to the teams to be ready for the
switch. We believe that a new option to report these tags is not necessary
as it is related to the existing externalized string literals preference.

So JDT/Core asks for a rebuild in order to ignore again the reporting of
these unnecessary nls tags.

Please speak up if you have anything to say about this.

Thanks,

Olivier