Re: [platform-releng-dev] Performance testing problems with N20050505 and N20050506

There was a change in the nightly build that would have caused the
Platform UI tests to hang with a dialog open, though it would have only
affected the Platform UI tests, not the JDT UI tests.
This has been fixed for the next build.

Nick

Dirk Baeumer <dirk_baeumer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
05/06/2005 10:52 AM
Please respond to
"Eclipse platform release engineering list."

"Eclipse platform release engineering list."
<platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [platform-releng-dev] Performance testing problems with     N20050505
and N20050506

Hi Sonja,

looking at the last fully executed performance tests
(http://fullmoon.rtp.raleigh.ibm.com/downloads/drops/N20050503-0010)
I see the following numbers for the JDT tests:

org.eclipse.jdt.ui.tests.refactoring (slowest win32perf): 958.016 seconds
org.ecluose.jdt.ui.tests (slowest win32perf): 43.361 seconds

I am not considering this too slow. However, there might be a performance
problems with the tests now, so we should find out what is going wrong
here. Sonja, can you please rerun the performance tests and produce a VM
trace when they hang. That would help tracking down the problem.

Thanks

Dirk

             Sonia Dimitrov
             <Sonia_Dimitrov@c
             a.ibm.com>                                                 To

             Sent by:                  platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             platform-releng-d                                          cc

             ev-bounces@eclips
             e.org                                                 Subject

                                       [platform-releng-dev] Performance
                                       testing problems with N20050505 and

             06.05.2005 15:35          N20050506

             Please respond to
             "Eclipse platform
                  release
                engineering
                  list."
             <platform-releng-
             dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I have had to terminate the currently running performance tests due to the
following:

1.  JDT UI tests were still running from N20050505 this morning.  I tried
to terminate the tests remotely, however this left an eclipse workbench
open on the test machines when the N200506 tests started running.
2.  We need to reboot, then reghost the machines to pick up some needed
network configuration changes.

JDT UI team, please take a look at the tests in N20050505 - we will need
skip the JDT UI and JDT UI Refactoring tests until we understand the cause
and have a fix to have these tests run in a reasonable amount of time.

platform-releng-dev mailing list
platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx