Fw: [platform-releng-dev] [eclipse-build]Build I20050412-1547 (Timestamp: 200504121547):Automated JUnit testing complete. Test failures/errors occurred.

John,

It seems that offending plugin is org.eclipse.core.runtime.
I've started eclipse using last week build (I20050505-0800).
In my workspace, I've loaded version v20050411 of this plugin
and version v_550 of org.eclipse.jdt.core plugin.

When I run performance tests with this config I got these abnormal
results on DOM>Creation and Search>Indexing tests.

Then, I just replace version v20050411 of org.eclipse.core.runtime
plugin with version v20050404...

Now when I run performance tests with this config, I retrieve normal
results for these tests.

Here are complete results for several config on these tests (in ms):

         | 3.1 M6  | I20050405| I20050412| I20050405 | I20050405
         |+JDT/Core| +JDT/Core| +JDT/Core| +JDT/Core | +JDT/Core
         | v_550   |  v_550   |  v_550   |  v_550    |  v_550
         |         |          |          | +runtime  | +runtime
         |         |          |          |  v20050404|  v20050412
         |         |          |          |           |
DOM>JLS2 | 80140   | 79070    | 131210   | 79480     | 132420
DOM>JLS3 | 77750   | 76790    | 129090   | 77730     | 135500
Indexing | 27250   | 27640    | 40160    | 27310     | 40620

I try to figure out why only these tests are affected by last version
of org.eclipse.core.runtime.

Cordialement/Regards,

Frédéric

----- Forwarded by Frederic Fusier/France/IBM on 04/13/2005 04:27 PM -----

             Frederic
             Fusier/France/IBM
             @IBMFR                                                     To
             Sent by:                  "Eclipse platform release
             platform-releng-d         engineering list."
             ev-bounces@eclips         <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             e.org                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/13/2005 04:04          Fw: [platform-releng-dev]
             PM                        [eclipse-build]Build
                                       I20050412-1547  (Timestamp:
                                       200504121547):Automated     JUnit
             Please respond to         testing complete.     Test
             "Eclipse platform         failures/errors occurred.
                  release
                engineering
                  list."

I got an explication on these abnormal results...

I was running performance tests with a 3.1 M6 SDK and just
org.eclipse.jdt.core project in my workspace (synchronized with HEAD).

Refreshing this eclipse install to last build I20050412-1547,
I now retrieve performance results displayed for this build...

So, as with same JDT/Core version (I used v_550 to be sure) I get
different performance results on DOM>Creation and Search>Indexing
tests, it sounds like there were some changes in prereq plugin(s)
which slowed down JDT/Core in DOM/AST and Indexing area...

I've also installed last week build (I20050405-0800) and results
are similar to M6 one.

So, problem has been introduced since last week. I continue to
investigate and try to identify where this gap comes from.

Cordialement/Regards,

Frédéric

----- Forwarded by Frederic Fusier/France/IBM on 04/13/2005 03:53 PM -----

             Frederic
             Fusier/France/IBM
             04/13/2005 02:06          "Eclipse platform release
             PM                        engineering list."
                                       <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [platform-releng-dev]
                                       [eclipse-build]Build I20050412-1547
                                       (Timestamp: 200504121547):Automated
                                       JUnit testing complete.     Test
                                       failures/errors occurred.(Document
                                       link: Frédéric Fusier)

I'm really surprised by org.eclipse.jdt.core performance results of this
integration build.
I cannot reproduce deviations locally for "DOM>Creation" and
"Search>Indexing"tests .

On my Linux box reserved to performance tests, I got around +1.23% (ie.
green) for
"DOM>Creation" tests and +2.37% (ie. still green) for "Search>Indexing"
one.
These results are computed after having run tests 10 times both on 3.0 and
3.1 streams.
As standard deviation of these results is around 1%, I'm really fully
confident on their accuracy.

So, I wonder if there could be a problem on test machines (3.0 reference
not rebuilt, issue while running
performance test, etc...) which can explain these so big differences?

However, I've noticed that one run (over 10 executed) of "Search>Indexing"
test
got an abnormal delta of -23% (ie. red)...
So, I'm currently investigating to understand how this was possible and
if  test procedure can be responsible in this kind of result
(typically unexpected garbage collect...)

Cordialement/Regards,

Frédéric

             eclipse-releng@ec
             lipse.org
             platform-releng-d         platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             ev-bounces@eclips                                          cc
             e.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [platform-releng-dev]
             04/13/2005 03:04          [eclipse-build]Build I20050412-1547
             AM                        (Timestamp: 200504121547):Automated
                                       JUnit testing complete.     Test
                                       failures/errors occurred.
             Please respond to
             "Eclipse platform
                  release
                engineering
                  list."

Build I20050412-1547 (Timestamp: 200504121547):  Automated JUnit testing is
complete.  Test failures/errors occurred in the following:

org.eclipse.core.tests_linux.gtk
org.eclipse.pde.ui.tests_linux.gtk
org.eclipse.pde.ui.tests_winxp
org.eclipse.releng.tests_linux.gtk
org.eclipse.releng.tests_winxp

HTTP Download:

             http://download.eclipse.org/downloads/drops/I20050412-1547

FTP Download:

             user: anonymous
             password: (e-mail address or leave blank)
             server:  download.eclipse.org
             cd to directory:  I20050412-1547

             or

             ftp://download.eclipse.org/I20050412-1547