Re: [platform-releng-dev] performance results

To allow the troubleshooting to continue, we won't be running the Linux perf tests in the 2pm rebuild. The Windows perf tests will run.

Kim

Billy Biggs <vektor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

24/03/2005 11:58 AM

Please respond to
platform-releng-dev

platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-releng-dev] performance results

> The text performance tests on Linux crash our gtk perf machine each
> night.  Billy has been able to reproduce the crash.  However, it seems
> to crash intermittently.  It's not consistently reproducible other
> than during the nightly build.   As a band aid solution for this
> problem would the text team please comment out the call to the
> performance tests in org.eclipse.text.tests/test.xml.  Then I will
> renable the perf tests for the next integration build.  This will
> allow other teams to review their performance results as we continue
> to investigate this problem.

 Just to clarify, I don't think there is any problem in the text tests
themselves, but the kernel panic seems more reproducable when they run.
Until we better understand the steps to reproduce the panic it may be
worth avoiding these tests.

 -Billy