Re: [platform-releng-dev] Automated tests dependency on unzip

From the most current documentation that I could find, Ant zip does not
retain Unix file permissions.

Darins

|---------+------------------------------------->
|         |           "Dean Roberts"            |
|         |           <Dean_Roberts@xxxxxxx>    |
|         |           Sent by:                  |
|         |           platform-releng-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org               |
|         |                                     |
|         |                                     |
|         |           11/05/02 06:57 AM         |
|         |           Please respond to         |
|         |           platform-releng-dev       |
|         |                                     |
|---------+------------------------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                        |
  |        To:      platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                        |
  |        cc:      platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                        |
  |        Subject: Re: [platform-releng-dev] Automated tests dependency on unzip                          |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Yes there is a reason we where using unzip instead of built in ant support.

The Ant zip and unzip does not preserve file permissions.  Not an issue on
Windows but a big issue on Unix platforms since we loose execute
permissions on shared libraries, executable etc.

I know that this is still an issue for the actual build and I presume it is
still an issue for the automated tests.  However, we will double check just
to make sure we are not moving around obsolete assumptions.

...Dean...

   "Jed Anderson"
   <Jed_Anderson@xxxxxxx>              To:
   Sent by:                    platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
   platform-releng-dev-admin@e         cc:
   clipse.org                          Subject:
                               [platform-releng-dev] Automated tests
                               dependency on unzip
   11/04/2002 05:41 PM
   Please respond to
   platform-releng-dev

I don't know if anybody cares about this or not (probably not...), but I've
modified the test.xml & runtests.bat so that they no longer need unzip.
This is nice for windows users whose machines don't have unzip, but most
likely have ant installed. (read: this removes the dependency on unzip, but
adds a dependency on ant)

I created a separate ant build script called unzip.xml.  The runtests.bat
file now calls this instead of unzip.  I also hacked the test.xml script to
no longer make an outside call to unzip (ant has a built in unzip task).
Was there a reason why the script was calling the unzip binary, and not
just using the task?

Note that I didn't modify the runtests shell script (because I don't run
*nix).  Anybody who runs *nix want to do their part?

jkca

(See attached file: unzip.xml)(See attached file: test.xml)(See attached
file: runtests.bat)

Back to the top