Re: [platform-releng-dev] importing the workspace after a source build

There are two options for importing your old workspace.  You can either
copy the workspace directory into the Eclipse directory or you can start
Eclipse with the -data flag, ie.  eclipse -data c:/eclipse20/workspace.  I
do this by creating a shortcut to the eclipse.exe and add the "-data" in
the target field.

 "Migration of user data from one version to
the next can be a tricky issue, especially when the application supports
plugins.  I'm curious about how Eclipse addresses this issue."

This would be a good newsgroup topic : - )

Sonia

                      "Matt Munz"
                      <mmunz@xxxxxxxxxx>                To:       <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                          cc:
                      platform-releng-dev-admin@        Subject:  [platform-releng-dev] importing the workspace after a
                      eclipse.org                        source build

                      09/15/2002 11:28 AM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-releng-dev

Hi all,

  I'm trying to import my old workspace after creating a new source build.
What's the best way to do this?  Can I just drop it in?  If you can, please
provide some technical details.  Migration of user data from one version to
the next can be a tricky issue, especially when the application supports
plugins.  I'm curious about how Eclipse addresses this issue.

  I'm running eclipse on w2k and am transitioning from 2.0 to 2.0.1.

  Thanks.

  - Matt