Re: [platform-releng-dev] Contributing test suites

Hi Jerome,

Here is what is needed to get  your tests included in our build process:

1.  The tests need to be contributed as one or more plugins (with
build.properties, etc).  I will need the name of your test plugins and
their versions so that I can update the org.eclipse.sdk.tests feature.

2.  A test.xml is required in the root of one of the test plugins (if you
have several)- as an example, see the test.xml used in
org.eclipse.jdt.ui.tests:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.jdt.ui.tests/test.xml?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Let me know which plugin will include this file so that I can update my
scripts to run it.

3.  the jdtcore.map file will require entries for the test plugins.

I hope I have not forgotten any steps.   Once all these are in place, I can
run a test build to see if there are any problems.

Let me know if you require any further assistance.

Sonia

                      "Jerome Lanneluc"
                      <Jerome_Lanneluc@xxxxxxx>         To:       platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                          cc:
                      platform-releng-dev-admin@        Subject:  [platform-releng-dev] Contributing test suites
                      eclipse.org

                      09/04/2002 12:28 PM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-releng-dev

We (JDT/Core team) would like to contribute our test suites to the build
process so that they are run along with other tests.

How can we register our tests?

Thanks,
Jerome