[platform-releng-dev] FW: [pde-dev] FW: Integrate into build system

-----Original Message-----
From: Gunnar Wagenknecht [mailto:G.Wagenknecht@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 1:37 PM
To: 'pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [pde-dev] FW: Integrate into build system

-----Original Message-----
From: Gunnar Wagenknecht
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 1:28 PM
To: 'pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Integrate into build system

Hi!

Are there any plans to support an easy generation of build.xml scripts for
features/plugins from outside Eclipse? The way described in
org.eclipse.pde.build\notes\usingPDEBuild.html doesn't work. The application
is unknown.

java -cp startup.jar org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main
     -application org.eclipse.pde.core.buildScript
     -elements feature@org.eclipse.platform.feature
     -install c:\mybuild\

Also I can't find a solution to avoide compile outputs in my source
directories. "-install" seems to be the target and source.

I want to compile my features using source from a ClearCaseView (source dir)
and putting a ready for deployment result to another location.

Cu, Gunnar