[platform-releng-dev] Fw: Proposal for Eclipse Installation Standard

> Proposal for Eclipse Installation Standard - by Andrew Cornwall
>
> In order to reduce this, we offer the following suggestion:
> 1. All providers of the Eclipse framework include, in the base
> directory of their installation, a text file with the name plugin.inf
> with the following format:
>
> BrandName <my branding name>
> BrandVersion <my branding version>
> EclipseVersion <my Eclipse version>
> PluginDir <my plugin dir>
> PluginDir: this specifies where on the filesystem the Eclipse plugin
> directory is located, relative to the installed location. For
> instance, because the plugin directory for WSDD is located off of the
> base install directory, its value will be:
>     PluginDir plugin
>
> If another platform chose to have the following directory structure:
> MyPlatform
>   Eclipse
>     plugins
>
> then its PluginDir should be:
>     PluginDir Eclipse/plugins
> if it is Unix-based, or
>     PluginDir Eclipse\plugins
> if it is Windows-based.
> (Note that plugin.inf will be located in the MyPlatform directory,
> because that is the base install directory.)
>
> The PluginDir is operating-system specific, but must maintain case
> for the directories it names. There is no trailing slash or backslash
> permitted when specifying the plugin directory. Accessing the parent
> or current directory
>   (PluginDir Eclipse/../../MyPlatform/./Eclipse/plugins)
> is forbidden.

=======
WE CAN USE DOT AS THE DIRECTORY SEPERATOR AS JAVA USES
WITH THIS WE CAN IMPLEMENT THE ABOVE RULE
=======
Jitendra Davda
jitu@xxxxxxxxxxxx

ICQ#:133883517
Current ICQ status:

SMS: (Send an SMS message to my ICQ): +2783142133883517
More ways to contact me: http://wwp.icq.com/133883517