Re: [platform-help-dev] indexing help files

For this situation, it does sound like the extradir attribute is the one to use. It's getting the relative path right to the files' location that is the challenging part.

From the Eclipse online documentation (http://help.eclipse.org/help30/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/extension-points/org_eclipse_help_toc.html),

you would use:

<toc file="sample.xml" extradir="samples"/>

But you need to make sure you have the relative filepath in the extradir attribute correct. So, maybe try something like:

<toc file="sample.xml" extradir="../../../d:/xxx/yyy/zzz" />

Please let us know how your tests go, thanks!

--Lee Anne
Lee Anne Kowalski, Ph.D.
IBM Corporate ID Leadership Team - User Assistance Technology Lead
Phone: (781) 323-4130  IBM Tieline: 364-4560
Internet: kowalski@xxxxxxxxxx

Check out one of our information centers based on Eclipse help system technology: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/printer/v1r1/index.jsp

"Think big, start small, and be pragmatic."

"Roman Zhd" <eclipse_dev@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-help-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/06/2005 09:23 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Help component developers list."

[platform-help-dev] indexing help files

Hello. Please help me in that problem.

I've developed help system (Help -> Help Contents) and it's work.
plugin.xml and toc's files (xml) are properly written. But my help
files (html's) aren't  based in plugin folder (they are on other
drive) so it isn't indexing :(
How can I write extradir attribute properly? Or another solution would

With regards... i549dm
platform-help-dev mailing list