Re: [platform-help-dev] Help for infocenter in eclipse ---how to open specific topic

topic /pluginid/href, so /com.test.docplugin/foo.html is such a key.  Multiple topics with the same URL, possible different label and place in one table of contents, are undistinguishable.
Konrad Kolosowski

yan gong <gong_x_yan@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-help-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/14/2005 03:04 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Help component developers list."

platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-help-dev] Help for infocenter in eclipse ---how to open        specific topic

Hi experts!

I was wondering if there is a way to set help html files mapping to some kind of topic key, so I could open the specific topic in the browser.

My case is I  have  help buttons on my jsp pages( my web app was deployed into
anohter web server ). when user click the help button, I hope to bring up
the specific help topic from infocenter.

so far, what I can do is ,
     String[] options = new String[] { "-eclipsehome", "d:/eclipse",
                                         "-host", "localhost",
                                         "-port", "8001" };
               _infocenter = new
org.eclipse.help.standalone.Infocenter( options );
               _infocenter.start();
           response.sendRedirect(

http://locahost:8001/help/index.jsp);

If I have topic foo and topic bar,
when user click help button for topic foo, I would like to open the
topic foo, It seems I can add foo.html in the above link. like
     response.sendRedirect(

http://locahost:8001/help//topic/com.test.docplugin/foo.html");

but I'm thinking if there is a way to set html file mapping to some
topic key.
for example, I can add some parameters similiar like below.
    response.sendRedirect(

http://locahost:8001/help/index.jsp?topic=/help/fooTopicKey");

and the eclipse help web index.jsp know which topic should be open.

Thanks a lot.

-Yan

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses._______________________________________________