RE: [platform-help-dev] Questions: Help Editor? Running Help from CD-ROM?

For individual plugins, from DocBook you can get a plugin using the xsl
stylesheets from the DocBook Open Repository
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook/) and be sure of the integrity
of the toc etc. I'm pretty sure the DITA project has xsls to generate
eclipse plugins. There are several xml editors, wysiwyg and otherwise,
that support docbook and dita out of the box. I know of one in
development that's eclipse based (vex, http://vex.sourceforge.net/), tho
I don't know how far along it is.

We generate eclipse plugins from DocBook and it works quite well. In
addition to user assistance for some eclipse based tools, we publish all
of the docs for a release as a giant standalone infocenter which users
can browse or download individual pdfs from and it's very popular with
our users. In creating the giant infocenter, I use the top-down approach
to create the top-level buckets in which docs appear. For that, I would
be interested in some authoring tool. Currently I create the tocs in
emacs and validate. I still have to be careful though about getting
plugin ids and other targets just right and testing requires restarting
eclipse.

David

	platform-help-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/13/2005 11:54:05
PM:

	> Thanks Lee Anne,
	>
	> I've included my comments inline...
	>
	> Lee Anne Kowalski wrote:
	>
	> >
	> > Hi Mark! Thanks for posting on this topic.
	> >
	> > > 1.) Is anyone working on an "Editor" for building and
navigating the
	> > > Help Toc file hierarchy?...Is this something in the works
already,
	> > or are there individuals
	> > > interest in working on such a feature?
expressed interest in help tooling, but nothing materialized to date on
eclipse.org.

Back to the top