[platform-help-dev] Re: [platform-doc-dev] Eclipse Help Style Guide: CSS path proposal

Michael,

If there is no noticeable delay when browsing, due to one additional level of indirection (an extra file loaded), I think it is a good idea.  It may even be beneficial for some legitimate cases, where a plug-in may require additional styles to what is defined in the product plug-in, for example a doc plug-in targeted to be installed on the top of a specific product.

If the book.css is at the root of the doc plug-in, the URL to import one from the product plug-in would be ../PRODUCT_PLUGIN/book.css (one "../").

Konrad Kolosowski

Michael Behm <mbehm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-doc-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/24/2005 03:58 PM

Please respond to
platform-doc-dev

platform-doc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-doc-dev] Eclipse Help Style Guide: CSS path proposal

The current Eclipse Help Style Guide suggests that the HTML files be
changed to point to a new location for the book.css file:

 To call the book.css file, change the current markup from
 <link rel="stylesheet" href="" type="text/css"> to
 <link rel="stylesheet" href="">  type="text/css">

This change is not required; instead, we can just use the current
"../book.css" file to import the "real" book.css file. This would be the
only line in the "../book.css" file:

 @import url("../../PRODUCT_PLUGIN/book.css");

Comments?

 Mike Behm