Re: [platform-help-dev] Using NL fragments with plugins that contain nl folders

Please read
http://help.eclipse.org/help21/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/product_def_nl.htm
 first.  If anything is unclear you can ask additional questions on the
news group as this list if developers working on Eclipse help system.
p.s. You should have a default files (for "all other" locales), I suggest
moving files nl/en/US directory to the root.

Konrad Kolosowski
Eclipse Help System

             Michael
             Stewart/Cambridge
             /IBM                                                       To
             <michael_stewart@         platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             us.ibm.com>                                                cc
             Sent by:
             platform-help-dev                                     Subject
             -admin@xxxxxxxxxx         [platform-help-dev] Using NL
             g                         fragments with plugins that contain
                                       nl folders

             03/18/2004 10:34
             AM

             Please respond to
             platform-help-dev

I'm working with some plugins that contain nl folders, like:

com.blah.X
     nl
          en
               US

(Currently, the nl folder in each plugin contains only the en\US structure;
no other language folders have been created.)

My experiments seem to show that I can use fragments with translated
content to augment such a plugin. That is, when I install a fragment as
follows, and change the locale setting on my machine, the fragment content
is used instead of the content in the target plugin:

com.blah.X
     nl
          en
               US
com.blah.X.de

Does anyone see a problem with this, some reason why it might break in some
situation? I realize the structure shown isn't preferred; I'm just trying
to decide whether I need to do an overhaul now, or can live with the
current folder structure for the short term.

Thanks for any input.