[platform-help-dev] help server cannot resolve plugin-id

Hi,

I'm trying to use the help server to start a web application from within one of my plugins using the following code (which is called from an action)

WebappManager.start(
            WEBAPP_NAME,
            descriptor.getUniqueIdentifier(),
            new Path("web/deployment"));

where "descriptor" is the instance of IPluginDescriptor which is handed to my plugin during initialization and the ID returned is correct as well. However, I get a CoreException with the message

"Location of plug-in <my-correct-plug-in-id> cannot be resolved".

The ID is correct and the Plug-in was obviously initialized as the code is called from an action my plugin contributes. What makes it even stranger is that this code works fine, when I run it in the PDE. The web application starts and serves requests under the correct location. This leads me to believe that the message in the CoreException thrown by the WebappManager is misleading as it seems to be something else.

btw this behaviour has been the same from 3.0M4 - M6 (I'm not sure about earlier versions).

I would be grateful for any hints.

Regards,

Robert

Back to the top