Re: [platform-help-dev] multiple ports opening at eclipse web infocenter start

Try
lsof -i:32769
to find out the process that is listening on the other port.
Konrad Kolosowski

             Julia F Yip
             <juliayip@xxxxxx.
             Sent by:                  platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             platform-help-dev                                          cc
             -admin@xxxxxxxxxx
             g                                                     Subject
                                       [platform-help-dev] multiple ports
                                       opening at eclipse web infocenter
             10/23/2003 04:53          start
             PM

             Please respond to
             platform-help-dev

Hi,

We are using Eclipse web infocenter specified to use a particular port
(8423). And when we start Eclipse and point the browser to the Eclipse
infocenter, we see multiple ports opened. For example, we see  this under
netstat -a

Proto Rec-Q Send-Q Local Address          Foreign Address State
tcp   0     0     *:8423                  *.*         LISTEN
tcp   0     0     hostname:32769    *:*         LISTEN

tcp   0     0     hostname:33229    hostname:8423     ESTABLISHED
tcp   0     0     hostname:33226    hostname:8423     TIME_WAIT
tcp   0     0     hostname:33225    hostname:8423     TIME_WAIT
tcp   0     0     hostname:8423           hostname:33228    TIME_WAIT
tcp   0     0     hostname:8423           hostname:33229    ESTABLISHED
udp   0     0     *:32768                 *:*

Is this caused by Tomcat Plugin?

Appreciated you response back. Thanks alot.