[platform-help-dev] <toc label=".."> with <anchor> and <link_to>

I posted the following on eclipse.platform. Since I didn't get a response there, I'm guessing that it's not possible to do what I describe. In that case, it should probably be a feature request. The issue is that if I create content that works well in a bottom-up context, I end up with a toc that looks funny (has an unneeded toc level) in a top down context. The scenario here is with API docs that are generated at build time. While I could adjust the tocs manually or with a script, it would be better to have it work in both situations. I'm not sure what the solution is--perhaps a switch on <toc label="The foo component api documentation" link_to="/testwrapper/toc.xml#anchor_id"> to let the toc with the <anchor> to use <toc>'s label as a containing folder?

Thanks,
David

If I have two plugins and do the following (see toc.xmls and plugin.xmls below), I'll end up with:

Test wrapper
    Intefaces
    File List
        foo.h
        foo.idl
    Intefaces
    File List
        bar.h
        bar.idl

Instead, I want to have the following:

Test wrapper
    The foo component api documentation
        Intefaces
        File List
            foo.h
            foo.idl
    The bar component api documentation
        Intefaces
        File List
            bar.h
            bar.idl

I would prefer NOT to put a extra topic element in the tocs like so: <toc
label="The foo component api documentation"
link_to="/testwrapper/toc.xml#anchor_id"><topic label="The foo component
api documentation"><topic href="index.html" label="Interfaces"/>...
because I may also want to use this plugins in contexts where I make the
toc top down, and it would create an unneeded toc level.

Is that possible?
Thanks,
David

toc.xml for wrapper:
======================================
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<toc label="Test wrapper">
  <anchor id="anchor_id"/>
</toc>

toc.xml for item in wrapper:
======================================
<toc label="The foo component api documentation"
link_to="/testwrapper/toc.xml#anchor_id">
  <topic href="index.html" label="Interfaces"/>
  <topic href="files.html" label="File List">
      <topic href="foo.h.html" label="foo.h"/>
      <topic href="foo.idl.html" label="foo.idl"/>
   </topic>
<!-- lots of other topics here -->
</toc>

toc.xml for another item in wrapper:
======================================
<toc label="The bar component api documentation"
link_to="/testwrapper/toc.xml#anchor_id">
  <topic href="index.html" label="Interfaces"/>
  <topic href="files.html" label="File List">
      <topic href="bar.h.html" label="bar.h"/>
      <topic href="bar.idl.html" label="bar.idl"/>
   </topic>
<!-- lots of other topics here -->
</toc>

Back to the top